Thursday 19 June 2008

Rosso come il cielo - SFF review


Red Like the Sky
Director - Cristiano Bortone; Country - Italy

My son (10) and I had a very special evening when we saw Red like the sky(Rosso come il cielo) at the Sydney Film Festival. Red like the sky is a very memorable film about growing up. The film is inspired by the true story of Mirco Mencacci, one of the most renowned sound editors in Italian cinema, who happens to be blind.

Micro loses his sight by an unfortunate accident which leads him to a school for the blind. Here Micro battles with accepting he longer has the ability to see the world as he once had.
The film progresses with the friendships he makes and how he overcomes losing one sense and gaining superity over another, Sound.

My son was only one of two children in the full cinema which was a bit disheartening. I feel that this film will always stay with my son.
--
Next Screening:
21st June 12.15PM GU George Street

No comments:

Post a Comment