Sunday 6 June 2010

Yona Yona Penguin | SFF review





My son and I headed to our first film at the 2010 Sydney Film Festival, Yona Yona Pengiun.  I was a bit concerned when I was told the film would be subtitled as my son is learning how to read and did not want him to feel overwhelmed.


Yona Yona Penguin is a delightful  anime and my son only needed a few translations to keep him onto to the story.
Coco is a young girl who fantasises about being a pengiun who can fly. A new friend - Charlie, lures Coco to the Goblin village believing that she can help them save their  village. Yona Yona Pengiun  encourages to believe in yourself and the importance of friendship. The film gently covers the theme of missing a family member who has passed away.


My son told me to give this film 5 stars.



RINTARO | JAPAN | 87 MINS
A little girl in a penguin suit helps out a goblin village - a charming kids' animation.
Sunday 6th June | 12.00pm | Event Cinemas


No comments:

Post a Comment