Wednesday 6 March 2013

Lincoln P Jones - Creativity Project Speaker


Next week the Creativity Project - Big Fat Smile hits the MCA -  the conference aims to inspire creative thinking, collaboration and innovation on March 13th.  The event is for arts and cultural workers, arts therapists and  educators.

One of the speakers is Lincoln P Jones,  a published author at the age of 17. We loved that Lincoln is passionate about  writing and we wanted to find out more about what inspires him to write.  

Hi Lincoln....

What do you love about writing?
I love writing because it allows me to explore worlds that you can't touch.
Worlds that I create, and experience. And because it makes me feel good
about myself.

At what age did you discover that you wanted to be a writer?

I discovered I loved writing when I was about 8 or 9. I started writing
fan-fiction at first, but it wasn't really good. In fact a lot of the time,
I barely had my own ideas. But I slowly got better.

Who is your favourite author and why?
My favorite author is Brian Jacques. Firstly because his writing style
influenced mine, it helped my style improve. Secondly, he wrote several of
my favorite books, most notably the entire Redwall series.

You are working on  scripts for a  movie and TV series - Can you  tell us
more about them?


Well, one of these scripts is an adaptation of a 1975 Japanese TV show
called Akumaizer 3, because I loved the mythology and wanted to fully
explore this world Shotaro Ishinomori created. Whereas my TV series script
is set in a post-apocalyptic future. Think Redwall meets The Postman and
Arthurian Legend.

Do you have any more books on the way?

Why, yes. Though it's a secret, I will give you a hint about my next book -
it begins with the word 'Arrr!'. I am planning to have the book finished
before my 18th birthday in July, and I am looking for a publisher.
And I may also be working on a video game idea, though that one has
something to do with Bushrangers .

Who are three people that inspire you to be creative and why?

The three people that inspired me to be creative are my mother, she helped
me discover my talent. Then there's my stepfather, Jeff, with whom I've had
many discussions on ideas. And the third person was Julie, who helped me
learn some discipline and got me to focus on my writing. I'd also like to
toss a shout out to my Distance Ed English Teacher, Mrs Murphy, without who
I would've never got the courage to publish my writings as short stories.

What do you want people to take away with them from your talk at the
Creativity Project?


Hopefully it's to be creative, to never give up in what you honestly believe
in, and to make the best art you possibly can.

--
Registrations now open for the Creativity Project Big Fat Smile.
Full list of speakers

No comments:

Post a Comment