The gates open at 5.30pm (there is live entertainment) and the film starts at around 8.15ppm. We arrived at 7.30pm and most of the space was full on the hill. We found a spot up the back (we had a great view) and settled in. Only bringing along blankets and pillows, we splurged and hired bean loungers - the kids loved them. But at $8 a pop would be out of the question for a large family. We saw a family with inflatable sleeping bags which did the same job.
As the sun went down the kids got more excited. The felt like they were on a camping trip and relaxing under the stars, it reminded me of going to a drive in theatre when I was a child. Before the movie, I was a bit apprehensive of the screen and sound quality but once the movie got underway it was fantastic.
We are looking forward to our next Open Air Cinema adventure.
- Children under six years are free
- Get there early to secure your spot on the hill
- Brings blankets, pillows and anything else to make your family comfortable
- Bean Loungers can be rented ($8 each)
- You can bring your own food in - bring a picnic dinner to enjoy before the movie and enough snacks for during the film. Food and drinks are available at the bar.
- Alcohol or glass bottles are not permitted to be brought in.
- Dogs are welcome (visit the website for more details)
Upcoming Family Films
Labyrinth | 21 February
Tin Tin | 25 February
Arrietty | 28 February
The Muppets | 2 March