Sunday 10 April 2011

Me and my shadow | Review | Sydney Opera House


My kids have always loved playing with shadows at night on their bedroom walls, they love the ability to create fictional characters in their own world with a simple torch.

This school holidays at the Opera House, Me and my Shadow takes shadow play to the next level with the delightful story of a girl who through creative play befriends her shadow. The performance conceived by Patch Theatre explores this friendship by magically playing with various visual elements that kept the audience enthralled. The simple yet effective set allows the audience to focus on the magical delights.

The Creative Play area can also be explored before or after the performance in the foyer to enhance your families visit to the theatre.

Me and my shadow is ideal for 4- 8 year olds (although, I also had two 10 year olds with me who enjoyed it) and is at the Opera House this school holidays until the 17 April.

Venue: Sydney Opera House | Drama Theatre
Dates: 9th April until 17 April
Tickets: $27 Bookings

The season continues onto Melbourne at the Victorian Arts Centre | 17 May - 21 May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment