Monday 10 January 2011

2 Dimensional Life of Her - Review - Sydney Festival 2011

2 Dimensional Life of Her is a multi-dimensional real-time artwork, incorporating drawing, animation, projections, puppetry and performance from Brisbane based artist/performer Fleur Elise Noble.

This is an intriguing performance piece that breaks the boundaries of storytelling and immerses the audience into Fleur's world as she attempts to control her imaginary world from taking over and causing havoc.

My children (12, 9 and 7) were all captivated as drawings come to life from the paper filled room. My youngest son looked over to me during the show and whispered, "How does she do it?" As we were walking out his eyes were sweeping across the set trying to discover the secrets behind the production of 2 Dimensional Life of Her.

I have a feeling this performance experience will stay with my children (and me!) for a long time.
--
9 - 13 January
4pm, 5pm, and 6pm
Performance runs just under an hour (40mins - perfect timing if you have younger children)
Downstairs Theatre - Seymour Centre
Adults:$30 Child:$15

No comments:

Post a Comment