Sunday 20 April 2008

Strange Fruit | Swoon

The kids (3 and 5) and I went to see this show yesterday. I’ve seen Strange Fruit before but the show I saw was not as accessible as Swoon is. Illustrating various aspects of the age old boy/girl relationship sagas Swoon is set to fantastic music that had my usually reserved 5 year old up and dancing. The forecourt is a fantastic venue as you can sit anywhere and be guaranteed a good view (meaning you can also turn up right on time rather than trying to get their early for a good seat). We came for the 11.30am show and stayed for the 12.30pm show as well. I was surprised my 3 year old wanted to sit through it again but he did.

The costumes are beautiful. The performers are happy to wave and chat to little ones and if there’s a small amount of sun about it’s a fantastic day out.
--
Sydney Opera House Forecourt Free, today (20/4), 23 & 26 April 11.30am, 12.30pm and 7pm

No comments:

Post a Comment